WHELPING

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  poodlemomma 9 years, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Mmmh195603
    Participant

I HAVE A 3 YR OLD CHIHUAHA WHO HAS BEEN SHOWING SOME SIGNS OF LABOR. HER TEMP WAS AT 98.3 YESTURDAY AT 5:30 BUT TODAY ITS BACK TO NORMAL. HER DUE DATES ARE FROM AP.19 TO 26 BY THE CALCUATION CALANDER BECAUSE i WAS TOLD TO CALCULATE 1ST TIME MY MALE CONNECTED W/HER. THEY CONNECTED 3 TIMES WHICH WERE ON 3/19,3/21AND 3/26. sHE IS SHOWING SOME SIGNS OF STAGE 1. THE SIGNS SHE IS SHOWING ARE PERIODIC LOSS OF APPITITE AND SHORT BOUTS OS PANINTINGHOW LONG CAN SHE GO IN THIS STAGE TIL SHE DELIVERS HER PUPPIES?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  John.
  • Author
    Replies

lostnmywurld
    Participant

I have the same question regarding how long stage 1 labor can last. This is my dobes first litter. Her temp dropped to 98.6 about 36hrs ago. She has done some minor panting but aside from that she shows no signs of labor. Based on calculation she hit 63 days from the first tie 2days ago. Should I contact my vet?

poodlemomma
      Participant

stage one’s length can vary from dog to dog. If at anytime your dog seems to be in pain or distress, see a vet. Is she restless? Is she “nesting?” Is she pushing or squatting a lot? it is hard to know when to be patient and when to speed to the vet, let your instincts guide you, if you know your female well and she seems OK, keep a close eye on her.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.