When is my Fiona due? please help!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bellax3 9 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Ivette
    Participant

When is my Fiona due? please help!
    I noticed a week ago that my terrier Fiona was getting chubby. Now I am positive she is pregnant. My problem, this was totally unexpected! I do have a male dog as well, but he is a tiny, little toy and the vet told me they couldn´t mate. Now I don´t know when she is due, because I have no idea of when she was in heat! Due to financial concerns I can´t take her to the vet right now and I am really worried. Please help.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  John.
  • Author
    Replies

bellax3
    Participant

Your vet clearly gave you terrible advice. Any dog that is not neutered/spayed is capable of breeding. If you witnessed a tie, then your dog has a high likelihood of being pregnant. If not, then she may not even be pregnant. Without any prenatal care, your dog may be in serious danger. Please switch her to puppy food and supplements, such as a teaspoon of cottage cheese or a half boiled egg daily. Dogs begin to “really” show in the last 3 weeks of pregnancy.
    Once she starts producing milk, she really needs to be supplemented calcium. Most dogs are allergic to cows milk, but plain nonfat yougurt and cottage cheese is okay in moderation.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.