Dandruff

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ronnypaston 6 years ago.

• Creator
    Topic

clbroadbent
    Participant

Hello. My dog seems to have dandruff. He is a Scottish Terrier. I take him to a groomer and she uses her special shampoo. I am just wondering if there is something else I need to be doing, like feeding him something different or giving him supplements. He is 2 years old and he is neutered.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  John.
  • Author
    Replies

ronnypaston
    Participant

Hair shampoo is not going to help you. Your issue comes type the within out. You need and better excellent dog meals, I individually am a believer in RAW but either way you should be including some type of Ω 3 body fat to your pets eating plan, this can come in a wide range of types. You could buy Freezing water seafood oil from a excellent pet shop Flax oil type the meals market or you could just provide him a sardine once or twice per weeks time.

Purebred Breeders is a health conscious and responsible organisation for dog breeding

WolfSpirit292
    Participant

Continious dry skin problem- even after using special conditioning shampoos- usually means food allergies/sensitivities. I would switch him to a good natural holistic food. Stay away from corn, wheat, soy and by-products in the food (they aren’t good for any dog anyway). Personally I would recommend Blue Buffalo, Taste of the Wild, and Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover’s Soul. These are the 3 brands I use in a rotational diet with my 2 Cattle Dogs. The one has very bad allergies and it has done wonders for him.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.