Heat cycle

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Mandenicole 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

tscotrhys
    Participant

My 11 month old english setter puppy is in heat and has not been bred.She is very healthy(50 lbs)and active.Her flow has been steady for 8 days.Question:How much longer?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  John.
  • Author
    Replies

DocsLadee
    Participant

My great dane went into her first heat at 7 months old, and now even 4 months later and after being spayed her vulva is still really swollen and her tits are a bit saggy. My vet says she was in a persistent heat, but will the swelling ever go down?

amberl
    Participant

amberl
    Do dogs have cramps when they have their heat cycle? Our dog is having her first heat cycle and is on day 8. She is trembling and whimpering?

Mandenicole
    Participant

My dog Benny is 7 months old and went thought her first heat cycle in march lasted about two weeks was very mild, however she is swollen and is bleeding again. Is she going through is again? Should I be concerned since it has one been a month since her last heat cycle.

ckatt
    Participant

SO I HAVE DIFERENT BREEDS OF DOGS…MY PITBULL WENT INTO HEAT. SHE IS NORMALLY A HOUSE DOG AND ONLY GOES OUT POTTY..HOWEVA SUM1 LET HER OUT THE HOUSE AND SHE GOT KNOTTED WIT MY DOBERMAN…I DIDNT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN..MY QUESTION IS IS SHE GURANTEED TO GET PREGNANT..OR IS THERE N E LUCK THAT SHE WONT..ALSO IF SHE DOESN’T WILL THIS SCREW UP HER BLOODLINE NE WAY..

Cami
      Participant

Bloodlines don’t get messed up by accidental breedings. However, you do need to have her tested for any possible diseases she may have picked up.

She is not guaranteed to get pregnant, but it is definitely possible.

Enough time has passed since your original comment, what happened???

kissabull
    Participant

My female is 2 months late on her heat cycle. Her last heat cycle was 2 months early. Our Vet says this is normal. Has anyone here dealt with this issue before?

Rottweilers Royal
    Participant

Normally the heat cycle will last about 4 weeks, about 10-12 days from the first sign of blood will be her prime time for breeding, if you do not plan on breeding her, keep her away from dog parks and other dogs for the full 4 weeks. Her flow will slow up around the 3 week and will change colors to a brownish coloring, but she could still get pregnant so do not leave her unsupervised during this time. I have seen males, climb 6 foot high fences to get to a female in heat, so don’t depend on the kennel run as her protection.

me
      Participant

I would recommend getting your dog a “diaper”. That way if some stranger in the night does come around, you won’t have to worry about the health risk to your dog and taking care of a bunch of unexpected puppies! Good luck!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.